[KS] Call for Proposals: 2022 AKS Fellowship Program for Korean Studies
fellowship at aks.ac.kr
Sun Jun 13 22:27:16 EDT 2021
The Academy of Korean Studies has started to accept applications for 2022 fellowship.
Please apply to us if you are interested, share the notification with your colleagues.
Thank you so much for your cooperation!
2022 AKS Fellowship Program for Korean Studies
The Academy of Korean Studies runs the “AKS Fellowship Program for Korean Studies” in order to provide international scholars with an opportunity to carry out their research(dissertation research).
Foreign scholars of foreign university (including those who have Korean nationality with permanent residence status in foreign countries) in the humanities and social sciences, who are currently engaged in Korea-related teaching and research activities, are eligible to apply. Also Doctoral candidates who have completed all academic requirements except for their dissertation (i.e., ABD) from institutions outside Korea are eligible.
※ Those who have received AKS fellowship within the last 3 years(based on application submission date) are ineligible for this program.
※ Those who are under disciplinary actions from Korean government and other Korean government affiliated institutes are not eligible for this program.
The fellowship period should begin within year 2022(from January 1st and December 31st, 2022).
The applicants can apply for minimum one month to maximum six months support.
1. Airfare: Economy-class round trip airfare(Only offered to overseas awardees)
※ The airfare will be reimbursed based on the actual ticket price but the reimbursement should not exceed the amount
of Government Transportation Request(GTR) cost according to the 2022 budgetary guidelines of international airfare.
2. Monthly Stipend: 2,000,000 won
※ Please note that we do not offer monthly stipend for research period less than 15 days and offer full monthly stipend
for research period 15 or more days.
3. Access to the facilities of AKS including the library
4. Up to 50% discount of AKS Guest House charges
All applications are reviewed by the screening committee. The criteria for the screening are as follows:
1. The merit of the research plan and the feasibility of carrying out the proposed research at AKS
2. Possibility of contribution to the development of Korean studies
3. Etc: Research track records, possibility of joint teaching and researches with AKS professors & researchers
1. Application form
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Certificate of Employment (Registration)
4. Extra Documents for Doctoral Candidate
⑴ Master’s and Doctoral Program Transcript (1 each)
⑵ Certificate of Ph.D. course completion (Document that proves ABD status)
⑶ 1 Reference Letter from Ph.D. dissertation advisor (Reference Letter should be submitted by the advisor via e-mail.
E-mail: fellowship at aks.ac.kr)
※ Applicants who have Korean citizenship should submit permanent residence document.
※ All applications and required documents should be prepared in English or Korean only.
If not, the certified translation document(English or Korean) must be attached.
Submission Method: Online submission at the Academy of Korean Studies’ Website.
Click on the URL below.
- Online submission at the Academy of Korean Studies' website: click on the 'Apply' below
※ Please submit all the required documents online (hard copy will not be accepted).
※ Please refer to the Online Application Manual.
All applications must be received by July 30 (Friday), 2021. (Korea Standard Time)
※ Applicants should submit the required documents (scan file) by Online Submission.
※ Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The result of your application will be notified individually in September, 2021.
Obligations of Fellowship Recipients
1. Fellows are expected to present research results at AKS Colloquium and submit their research paper (presentation paper) before the termination of their research period.
2. Fellows should inform AKS when the research results are published and should submit 2 original copies of the publication.
3. Publication resulted from this program should acknowledge the support from the AKS Fellowship Program.
1. Other Institution’s fellowship can’t be carried out double duty during the same period of AKS Fellowship.
2. Previous fellowship recipients who have rejected the fellowship due to their personal matters can get disadvantages when screening.
- E-mail: fellowship at aks.ac.kr
※ Please refer to application guidelines of 2022 AKS Fellowship and the attached files for details.
We cordially ask you to contact fellowship at aks.ac.kr for inquiries.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies