[KS] McCune–Reischauer in 1883 :) Explanation

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Mon Jun 14 00:51:26 EDT 2021

Dear All:

Just got two mails. Apologies! The posting was of course close to a
joke (although not entirely) -- that's why I had a smiley in the
subject line. So, before this this gets out of hand and starts a debate
... this was of course Percival Lowell's handwriting, who had been
hired by Min Yŏng-ik as a secretary on the group's tour through the
U.S. The mailing list software had a (continuous) problem with some
attached image formats, and since it is live I had no way of testing
out if my fix worked (only the 2nd one did). Did not want to post some
complete bogus as a test mail, so I posted that one.
All forgiven? Or do I need to stand trial.

Thanks!
Frank

https://www.routledge.com/Interviews-with-North-Korean-Defectors-From-Kim-Shin-jo-to-Thae-Yong-ho/Il-Zulawnik/p/book/9780367716165