[KS] ASCJ Conference 2021

MARK E. CAPRIO caprio at rikkyo.ac.jp
Sat Mar 20 18:33:19 EDT 2021

Dear Discussion list,

Could the following be posted? Thank you in advance.

Mark Caprio

Although on Feb. 20th, the ASCJ Executive Committee announced the start of
its Early Bird Registration, it is with great regret that we now must
announce the cancellation of the 2021 Asian Studies Conference Japan (ASCJ)
Meeting, scheduled for 3 and 4 July 2021 in Tokyo. After much discussion,
our committee has come to the decision that we cannot safely hold the
conference this year.

If you have already paid the registration fee via credit card, you have or
will shortly receive your refund. If you have already paid via bank
transfer, we will contact you directly. Despite the cancelation of the
conference, we will hold our annual L.B. Grove Graduate Paper Prize
competition. Details can be found here:
https://ascjapan.org/conference/graduate-paper-prize/. In addition, in
order to recognize the scholarship of our submitters, we will upload a list
of the selected panels, independent papers, and roundtables to the ASCJ
website. Again, we did not reach this decision lightly, but we also did not
want to wait until the last minute after many of you arranged travel. Thank
you for your interest in and continued support of, ASCJ. We very much look
forward to seeing you in 2022. In the meantime, please take care of
yourself and stay safe. For more information, please see the ASCJ website
at https://ascjapan.org.

Sincerely,

The ASCJ Executive Committee