[KS] Graduate Student Summer School: Innovative Research Designs and Methods in Asian Migration Research

jo.park at em.uni-frankfurt.de jo.park at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Apr 12 00:14:52 EDT 2022

Dear all,

  We hope you are all well and staying safe. We are writing to remind
you that the call for applications for a graduate student summer
school (in-person) will be closed soon.

" _INNOVATIVE RESEARCH DESIGNS AND METHODS IN ASIAN MIGRATION
RESEARCH: EMBARKING ON FIELDWORK IN THE 2020S __”_
             /                       18-19th July 2022 at Goethe
University Frankfurt/

The summer school targets participation of early PhD students and late
MA students from different social science disciplines, and we welcome
applicants who examine methodological issues related to migration,
mobility, and ethnic diversity in Asia. The deadline for abstract
(250–300 words) and short-bio (100–150 words) is  _15 APRIL
2022_  (via email to  quamafa at gmail.com[1]). The abstract needs to
mention your (potential) research design or preliminary findings of
your research. Once your abstract is accepted, we ask you to submit a
short paper (1500–3000 words) discussing your methodological concerns
or fieldwork challenges. Costs for transportation and accommodation
during the workshop are fully covered by the organizer of the workshop.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PDF DOCUMENT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE SUMMER
SCHOOL.

And you can also check out our website for more information
–  https://quamafa.de/upcoming-event/
For any further queries please write to us at:  quamafa at gmail.com[1]

THE SUMMER SCHOOL IS FUNDED BY THE GERMAN FEDERAL MINISTRY OF
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (BMBF). THIS EVENT IS PART OF THE BMBF-FUNDED
PROJECT “QUALIFICATION AND SKILL IN THE MIGRATION PROCESS OF FOREIGN
WORKERS IN ASIA (QUAMAFA)”, ORGANIZED AT THE INTERDISCIPLINARY CENTER
FOR EAST ASIAN STUDIES (IZO) AT GOETHE UNIVERSITY FRANKFURT.

We would be grateful if you could share this information with
interested graduate students. Thank you.

Best regards,

Joohyun Justine Park

/CONVEN//O//RS/
Dr. Ruth Achenback (Goethe University Frankfurt)
Dr. Joohyun Justine Park (Goethe University Frankfurt)
Dr. Helena Hof (Max-Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and
Ethnic Diversity)
Dr. Aimi Muranaka (University of Duisburg-Essen)
Dr. Megha Wadhwa (Free University of Berlin)

Links:
------
[1]
  Joohyun Justine Park, Ph.D.    Post-doctoral Research Fellow
   Interdisciplinary center for East Asian studies
   Goethe-University Frankfurt | Campus Bockenheim
   Juridicum | Room 861 | Senckenberganlage 31
   60325 Frankfurt am Main | GERMANY
   Telephone +49 (0)69 798 23262 | Fax +49 (0)69 798 23275
   Homepage: www.quamafa.de