[KS] Announcement: Literary Transversals Conference April 22-23!

Emily Yoon ejyoon at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 30 18:06:05 EDT 2022

Dear everyone,

We’re less than one month away from “Literary Transversals: Modern East Asian and Diasporic Literature,” <https://ceas.uchicago.edu/content/literary-transversals-conference> which will be held in-person at the University of Chicago and over Zoom on April 22-23, 2022. We'd appreciate if you would share the conference information with your colleagues and students who may be interested.

This two-day conference brings prominent scholars together to explore new cross-disciplinary theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of East Asian literature. Our keynote speakers will be Rey Chow (Andrew W. Mellon Distinguished Professor in the Humanities at Duke University) and Timothy Yu (Martha Meier Renk-Bascom Professor of Poetry at the University of Wisconsin-Madison).

The complete list of participants (most of whom will be presenting in person), panel information, conference schedule, and registration links can be found on the conference website<https://ceas.uchicago.edu/content/literary-transversals-conference>. Please note that registration is REQUIRED for both in-person and remote attendance.

Thank you,

Susan Dan Su & Emily Jungmin Yoon

PhD Candidates in East Asian Languages and Civilizations

University of Chicago

[cid:af955978-8eb8-44e9-bcff-12f474c09d0d]

Literary Transversals is co-sponsored by the Franke Institute for the Humanities, the Association for Asian Studies Northeast Asia Council, the Korea Foundation, and the Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Chicago with generous support from a Title VI National Resource Center Grant from the U.S. Department of Education.