[KS] Sand news about Namhi Kim Wagner

Baker, Edward J. ejbaker at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 16 09:07:42 EDT 2023

We  had an exciting round of email conversations with Namhi in January. Feeling guilty about not being in touch for a while, we had sent her Lunar New Years greetings, assuming she was at home in Lexington where, as you can imagine, she had been sticking very close to home during the pandemic. She replied from her daughter's (Yunghi’s) house in Arizona where she’d gone, unbeknownst to us,  to spend the winter. We don’t know if she was kidding or not but she said she might not come back. She seemed very happy to be there. We talked of visiting her and sitting in her garden in Lexington in the coming spring. Photos were exchanged etc. She was looking forward very much to celebrating her 100th in August—here, we thought. Then there was a lapse in the correspondence. On Mar 10, unaware she had passed, we wrote to her to see how she was doing and to ask about her plans for spring. She was already gone. But it is good to know that she passed away in the comfort of  Yunghi’s home in the company of her daughters and grandchildren.

We already sorely miss her.

Ed & Diane Baker