[KS] Re: Hamel again, from Cheju-do to Seoul (Quelpaert to Sior)

sungjong.paik at uni-tuebingen.de sungjong.paik at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Oct 1 10:19:57 EDT 1998

dear henny,

here are my ideas about some places (based on Upchis from ChosOn Dynasty
and So yugu's <Yegyuji> in <<ImwOn kyOngjeji>>):

names in your text	my location (names in ChosOn Period)
Haijnam (Hainan)	 Haenam (near Kangjin), important big city
			 in ChOlla-Province during ChosOn Dynasty

Naedjoo (Nachu)	         Naju
Ieham                    YOngam

Sansiangh (Changson)     ChangsOng
Huingh (?)               KUmgu

if you want to be informed of ground of my ideas more detailed, send me
a message, please!
sincerely,

paik sungjong

Dr Sungjong Paik
Seminar fuer Sinologie und Koreanistik der Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstr. 133
D-72074 Tuebingen/ Germany
e-mail: sungjong.paik at uni-tuebingen.de