[KS] [Fwd: New Forum]

Ok Pyo Moon opmoon at aks.ac.kr
Thu Apr 8 23:19:19 EDT 1999

MIME Æ÷¸ËÀÇ ´ÙÁß ¸Þ½ÃÁö ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
--------------471533D8F2620C6C853BB2AE

--
Okpyo Moon
Professor of Anthropology
Academy of Korean Studies
Tel 82-342-709-5934
Fax 82-342-709-2246
--------------471533D8F2620C6C853BB2AE

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 12:12:38 +0900
From: Ok Pyo Moon <opmoon at aks.ac.kr>
To: Do Hyun Han <kairoshan at aks.ac.kr>,
	Alexandre Guillemoz <100523.2745 at compuserve.com>,
	Laurel Kendall <lkendall at amnh.org>,
	provine <r.c.provine at durham.ac.uk>
Subject: New Forum

MIME Æ÷¸ËÀÇ ´ÙÁß ¸Þ½ÃÁö ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
--------------0A3F6E973A7EE55751C11693

Dear Colleague,

Many of you in Korean Studies may have already received a gift copy of
the inaugural edition of our new English journal, the Review of Korean
Studies.  [If those who wish to receive one send us their name, position
and address to us, it will be helpful. This announcement applies to
anybody who has not recieved this time but believes he/she or his/her
institution must be included in our mailing list.]

In the hope of encouraging a more active participation, we plan to
introduce an International Forum in our journal as a space for a debate
on current issues in Korean and East Asian Studies, and ask you to
suggest a suitable topic.  It does not have to be confined to Korean
Studies as we believe that certain topics like "Asaian values" call for
a wider audiences and participation.

The main purposes of introducing this Forum are first, to help those
engaged in Korean Studies in different parts of the world exchange
information about their current interests and concern, and second, to
search for the ways of relating the issues developed in Korean studies
to the more general scientific issues of wider comparative and
theoretical applicability.

Your help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.  Additionally,
we'd like to inform you that any of you who contribute to our Forum will
be remunerated     appropriately.

Yours Sincerely,

Okpyo Moon
Professor of Anthropology