[KS] self-introduction & Question.

Yongtaek Kim yongta-k at hoffman.cc.sophia.ac.jp
Thu Apr 29 03:30:29 EDT 1999

Hi, everyone. I'm so glad to be able to meet you through this wonderful cyber-
space. I just joined this mailing list about a week ago. This is my first mail
to all of you. Let me introduce myself first.

My name is Kim yongtaek. I'm 31 year old man, still looking for my another
half. I graduated from Yonsei Univ.in Seoul 1997 where my major was English
language & literature. In 1997, I came to Sophia Univ.in Tokyo and changed my
major into linguistics, especially cognitive semantics. I'm planning to apply
to UCB and UCSD for phd. degree next year after I finish master's degree .
I hope I can be one of your good freinds.

By the way, I've got a question. I'm trying to write my thesis for master's
degree on the semantic expansion of the chinese character 'gaunde jung in
korean, or 'naka, or jyoo, or choo in Japanese' or 'zhong in Chinese' in these
three languages respectively. First, I'm trying to compare 6 Korean expressions
,'gaunde','--jung' 'an','naebu','sok','imyeon' but I couldn't find any
material on this. If I can share any idea about these with you, I'd appreciate
it so much. If you have a good comand of Japanese, I'd like to know your
opinion on the difference between 'naka' and 'uch'.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care,
Bye.

yongtaek from Tokyo.