[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Joshua Margolis jmargoli at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Mon Nov 8 19:46:55 EST 1999

Indeed there were some minor compatibility annoyances when using English
Office 97 under Korean Windows. In addition to the Excel problem you
mentioned, file names and menu items containing Han'gul were also
problematic since Office 97 forced the use of the Tahoma font in the
Office user interface and Tahoma had no support for Asian characters.
Office 2000 does indeed fix these problems. The kernels for the apps are
actually the same across language versions and the UI now uses a font with
full Unicode support.

Josh