[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Kevin P. Parks Adv97 Kevin.P.Parks.Adv97 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Nov 23 09:19:59 EST 1999

--- You wrote:
Is it possible to exchange Korean messages between Mac and PC?
--- end of quote ---

In my experience, this has only been possible by first saving as
a text file.  Oftentimes the font needs to be reset too.   I have
a mac at home, but sometimes go to the local PC bang to printout.
Additionally i have downloaded stuff from the PC and brough it to
my mac (macs read PC disks no problem, but not visa-versa).
There is no good dictionary for the mac so i use the Prima Dong-a
one on a PC and can bring copied text from that to my mac as well.

I imagine that there are some problems, such as hanja that might
be missing from the Mac Korean Language Kit, but i haven't encoutered
it yet.  Then there is HWP mac, but i haven't gotten around to checking that
out yet, though it sits on my desk waiting for the end of the term for install.

There used to be something called Elixir for displaying
Korea (not writing) and that was free and quite good for
those who just wanted to see Korean files on their mac
for free.  It had no input system so you still needed the localized
MacOS or the KLK for creating documents.

Hope that this is helpful.

cheers,
kevin parks
Seoul Institute of the Arts