[KS] Re: Hong Kiltong, Ho Kyun, Soja, etc.

Mickey Hong hong at HUMnet.UCLA.EDU
Tue Feb 29 02:57:48 EST 2000

"Eugene Y. Park" wrote:

> Mickey: I'm a bit confused now.  You say that Hong Kiltong's name doesn't
> appear in the Namyang Hong kagyebo but the Hong family chokpo indicates
> that he was Hong Sangjik's son.  Being the shameless pohak I am,
> ("lineage-alogist"), I'm very curious: could you point me to the Hong
> genealogy you're referring to?

It also drives me crazy that Prof. So^l doesn't mention exactly which Hong family
chokpo he's talking about.  I've never met him.  Is anyone on this list at Yonsei
right now?  Pls go ask him.  Hong KT, if he was real, was the descendant of Hong
U^nyo^l (the founder of Namhyang Hong).  His grandfather was Hong Ching, the 1st
son-in-law of Yo^m Chesin (P'aju Yo^m).

By the way, if it wasn't obvious,  I'm strictly an amateur in Choso^n literature.  I
specialize in colonial literature & culture.

-Mickey Hong