[KS] RE: More on HKT

kimrenau kimrenau at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Mon Feb 28 19:57:01 EST 2000

I am not sure where Mickey Hong got the information, but as far as I know, HO
Kyun was a _tongbok_ (of the same father and the same mother) of his talented
but not a secondary wife (ch'Op).  Their mother was a yangban (a KangnUng Kim)
and a daughter of a Yejo p'ansO (Minister of Rites).  Ho NansOrhon married an
Andong Kim, another illustrious yangban, something she presumably could not
do, were she a sOnyO (less than a full yangban).  Her brother HO Pong and her
father-in-law are said to have been friends, who arranged her marriage with
her husband Kim SOngnip.

Young-Key Kim-Renaud