[KS] Cats next?!

Onno Veer osveer at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 15:14:41 EDT 2000

Dear List,

The UK Channel 5 had an interesting feature on Korean eating habits this
evening. Apart from dog-meat, so-called 'Cat juice' was central in the
feature. This was new to me. What I understood is that 'cat-juice is some
sort of cat soup. Apparently it is essential the cats are boiled when still
alive. I reckon this has similar reasons as the beating of dogs (to release
adrenelin etc.. to tenderise the meat).
Luckily the English reporter manged to save one little kitten from the
Pressure pan, so not to traumatise the pet-loving English public too much.

Anyway I can't wait to try it all on my next visit to Korea. can anyone
recommend a nice restaurant?

I was wondering, though, if the consumption of cats has the same reason
as why many Asians are still fascinated with Tiger meat, bones etc..

greetings

Onno Veer
London
osveer at hotmail.com