[KS] Re: Cats next?!

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Wed Jul 26 19:24:46 EDT 2000

At 02:35 AM 7/27/00, you wrote:
>I agree that there is a contradiction. I am not aware of the reasons
>mentioned insofar as tenderizing the meat is considered. I am only aware
>of the taste that is derived from the release of adrenaline in the meat.
>It is counterintuitive that meat could be made tender through a process
>that creates such stress upon an animal (when I get a tension headache, my
>neck is anything but tender). Ms. Dyke makes a very valid point in her
>mentioning of cultural relativism and how people "make sense" of their world.

What about crabs in Western culture? They are boiled alive too, I always
thought that that was barbaric too.

Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------

Feel free to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl (in English)
In Korean
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/indexk2.htm
In Dutch
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/Dutch
Frits Vos Article about Witsen and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch
dictionary
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/FritsVos
Korea through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.crosswinds.net/~hennysavenije/ (in English)