[KS] Re: Dr. Harold Cook

Ernie . recanto at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 05:14:39 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

I have been a few months reading the messages in the list, but I am yet
virgin in the net, probable because spanish is my mother tongue.

Any way, proffesor Amstrong, I am also impressed by the work of Harold Cook.
I bought his book during my stay in Korea last year and, after reading
another books related to this period, I have found a couple of datails about
the protagonist, Mr Townsend, Mr. Cook could add to his book if he reedit
his work some day. The clue is in Korean Review. By the way, I am also
investigating (in the long term) about one of the people he mention in his
book, an spanish woman, Amalia Amador, who arrived to Korea in the first
1880s and was married to a chinesse diplomat, Woo Li-tang (who accomplained
the first korean diplomatic mission to EEUU). Should anybody know something
about this lady, I would be extremelly grateful.

Ernesto de Laurentis