[KS] Reception of Japanese screen in Korea

Joanne Kim noul98 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 16:25:21 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Dear all,

I have a question about if there is any literary materials that describe the
reactions of Korean viewers to Japanese screens during the 16th and 17th
century. Or more fundamentally, was there any evidence that Japanese screens
were exported to Korea?  We know for sure that Kano screens had exported to
China, but what about to Korea?

If you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Joanne Kim