[KS] Uru Wang

Thomas Duvernay goongdo at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 19:49:54 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Did anyone else on the list ever get a chance to see the National
Theater of Korea's production of "Uru Wang"?  The theater group staged
it [with no admission charge] here in Kyongju at Banweolseong (an
ancient castle site) over the weekend; my understanding is the staging
cost 1,000,000,000 won.

It was an excellent production; the stage was magnificent, costuming and
props wonderful, lighting and sound flawless, and acting, choreography
and music top-notch.  My wife saw it Saturday with a friend of hers and
loved it so much she insisted my son and I join her last night; I'm glad
we did.  It was chilly outside, but nobody seemed to mind (including
some of the actors who had to go bare-chested at times-- brrrrr).

Thomas