[KS] Re: 'Memoir' defames Korean culture

Robert Ramsey sr1 at umail.umd.edu
Sat Sep 9 15:04:04 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Under the entry for _konketsu_, the _Nihon kokugo daijiten_ gives one citation containing the
word, a passage from the novel _Shanghai_ by Yokomitsu Riichi (1898-1947).  That's a fairly
good indication that the word is not only a Japanese coinage, but a rather late one at that.