[KS] Fulbright Forum for March

Horace H. Underwood hhu at fulbright.or.kr
Thu Mar 8 23:44:11 EST 2001

FULBRIGHT FORUM!!

Fulbright in Seoul (the Korean American Educational Commission) is pleased
to invite you to attend the Fulbright Forum for March, which will be held on
Friday, March 23, 2001, at 6:30 p.m. at  the Commission offices in Mapo.

The topic this month is "Pursuing Han: A Psychological Investigation of
Korean College Student Perceptions."  The speaker is Dr. Sandra Webster of
Westminster College, Fulbright senior lecturer in psychology at Korea
University and Sungshin Women's University.

Han has been described as "the" Korean emotion that has not only refined the
spirit of her people but been their tool for survival through centuries of
repeated foreign attempts at domination. This talk will explore what Han is
today in the minds of this generation of Korean university students.

We welcome to the Forum all Fulbrighters, senior lecturers and graduate
student researchers and ETAs, as  well as Board Members, Fulbright alumni,
Peace Corps alumni, Korean studies scholars, foreign graduate students, and
other friends of Korea and members of the Fulbright family.

This Forum is the first of the 2001 academic year, and as is our custom will
be followed by a reception.  We hope many friends will come to enjoy the
lecture, the discussion, and the good food and drink.

Place: Fulbright Building
168-15 Yomni-dong, Mapo-gu
(see maps on our website: www.fulbright.or.kr)
Date: Friday, March 23, 2001
Time: 6:30 p.m.
(for RSVP or directions, call Miss Park, 3275-4000)

See you on the 23rd!

Horace H. Underwood
Executive Director (Fulbright)
Korean-American Educational Commission