[KS] Cheering and sports

JooBai Lee jblee6952 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 08:59:20 EST 2003

I wonder if Americans should not simply shoulder the title
of "Language Polluter Black Belt" with grace and a grin.

No amount of apology can undo the injury, where injury is
decided.

No amount of justification can do justice, and one has to
wonder at the need for justification for words that come
freely from the mouths of those who might demand it.

Fai.TING:  as a word of warm encouragement, not a goading,
to stand the ground, against the odds, to persevere, and
keep going.

For this one, Koreans are decidedly adding something
nice and flavorful to the English language.

And both Korean and English surely gain with this one.

What apology? A pat on the back is more like it.

Isn't reciprocity a part and parcel of global convergence?

I think both dictionaries should bear this one gladly
with grace and a grin.  We can all do with a few
extra words of encouragement.

Fai.TING and Cheers,

JooBai Lee

12/29/03

P.S.  Heard that Korea's Christmas gift to America was
"Volcano High" (Hwasan Go) 2002, shown on MTV with
voiceover by Pat Morita and many popular Hip Hop
stars.  Anyone know what else is around the corner?