[KS] Cheering and sports

Sunjoo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:31:03 EST 2003

Dear all,
Has anyone seen the movie "YMCA yagudan" [YMCA baseball team]?  This
baseball team was organized in 1905 and had won all the games they played,
even a Japanese team at the end of the movie.  I did not pick up "hwait'ing"
from chreeing crowds.

Can anyone tell if any part of this movie is based on a true story?  Are
there any newspaper articles on the introduction of baseball or any other
sports around this time and Korean responses to them?

Homepage of the movie for your interest:
http://www.yteam.co.kr/

Sun Joo Kim