[KS] KBS Documentary Team

Hildi Kang kangswh at trivalley.com
Tue Apr 5 13:33:13 EDT 2005

      Dear Korean Studies List, This request has come to me from a researcher at the Korean Broadcasting system. They are searching for someone who worked as interpreter for the US Military Government from August 15, 1945 to August 15, 1948. The letter is below. if anyone can help, please contact Song  Jiyoung directly. Thanks.

      --

      Dear Hildi Kang.

      Greetings from Seoul South Korea.

      I am researcher  Songjiyoung in the KBS project Documentary Team.

      We are preparing  program, exhibition and book  about the memory of people between 1945, 8, 15- 1948, 8, 15.

      Nowadays our members are finding people. For example, soldier, farmer, teacher, police, woman, student, officer, foreign pow, American Soldier and so on. We have 200 people's data now.

      But, We have one problem. We can not find translator in US Military Government who worked during that days. Of course, we met one translator but, he had worked for common people [civilians] not officer.

      Last weekend, I have find your Book "Under the Black Umbrella" on website. You interviewed many Korean people. Perhaps you can help us find such a translator.

      Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to receiving from you soon.

Researcher Song Jiyoung

Project Documentary Team
"The Memory of on 8.15 Liberation"

KBS (Korean Broadcasting System)

Phone>
82-2-781-8503 (Office) 82-16-709-7098 (Cell)

82-2-781-8509
e-mail>
worldwatch21 at hotmail.com