[KS] seok

Jonathan Best jbest at wesleyan.edu
Mon Apr 25 15:30:51 EDT 2005

>A word to the wise. Surely she, not he?
>Must be Katherine in Polish, I'd surmise.
>All those As.
>
>cheers
>Aidan (male, usually)
>
>AIDAN FOSTER-CARTER
>Honorary Senior Research Fellow in Sociology & Modern Korea, Leeds University

>Katarzyna
>
>Katarzyna J. Cwiertka, PhD
>Centre for Japanese and Korean Studies
>
>In a message dated 25/04/2005 18:39:37 GMT Standard Time, jbest at wesleyan.edu
>writes:
>
>  > Ergo, if  Mr. Cwiertka is concerned with the
>>  volume of a søk anytime before the Choson period
>>  (and possibly the late Choson period), then the
>>  answer to his question is not so clear.  There
>>  are basic Chinese reference books giving the
>>  dynastic variations in weights and measures that
>  > one can readily consult.
>  >

Oops, my sincere apologies to Ms. Cwierta, I did
not intend to offend.  In explanation of my
mistake, I was responding to Ms. Cwierta's query
indirectly through the screen of T.N. Park's
response to her query, hence I only had K.J.
Cwierta before me. Since I have only known male
Koreans to use their initials as an abbreviation
of their names, I incorrectly assumed Ms. Cwierta
was Mr. Cwierta.  Mea culpa.  My thanks to Aidan
Foster-Carter for setting me straight, and again
my apologies to Ms. Cwierta.
--
Jonathan W. Best
Art History Program, CFA