[KS] Korean Ghost Stories

David Mason mntnwolf at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 02:27:45 EDT 2005

--- Stefan Ewing <sa_ewing at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Ah, *that's* a tokkaebi," I thought, upon
> discovering that a familiar architectural design
> motif features the creature, as shown in pictures
> here (for anyone else who was wondering):

http://www.lifeinkorea.com/culture/changseung/Changseung.cfm?xURL=Tokkaebi.

Except that those middle photos on that page are
actually building-protecting dragons, not tokkaebi.

Two examples of wooden tokkaebi carvings inspired by
Zo Zayong and carved by his friend You Jae-bong,
installed at Zo's former teaching center as Lauren
already said, are at the bottom of:
http://san-shin.org/Zo-13.html
and
http://san-shin.org/Zo-15.html

David Mason

David A. Mason
Director of Communications, UNWTO ST-EP Foundation
Special Assistant to South Korea's Ambassador of Tourism and Sports
WEBSITE:  http://www.san-shin.org

#502-504, Jugong Apts.  Gangdong-gu, Sangil-dong, Seoul City  134-090
Mobile Phone: 011-9743-9753        home phone or fax: 82-2-442-7391