[KS] Ad Posting

Sheila Miyoshi Jager Sheila.Jager at oberlin.edu
Thu Oct 13 10:22:57 EDT 2005

Hello:

     I have an ad I'd would like to post for a Korean Language Instructor position at Oberlin College (Winter Term Only).
Thanks very much,

Sheila

Sheila Miyoshi Jager
Luce Assistant Professor of East Asian Studies
Department of East Asian Studies
Oberlin College
Oberlin, Ohio  44074

Applications are being sought for a certified instructor of Korean Language, POSSESSING AN M.A. or greater in LINGUISTICS OR
LANGUAGE ACQUISITION, or something comparable. Instructors should have at least one year of teaching
experience. This course is meant to be an intensive college level language course FOR STUDENTS WITH NO PRIOR
KNOWLEDGE OF THE LANGUAGE. As such, it will involve 4 CLASSROOM CONTACT HOURS EACH DAY, FIVE DAYS
PER WEEK (M-F), FOR FOUR WEEKS. Topics covered in this course will consist of basic grammar, simple reading
and writing, and conversational skills. This position is for the duration of Winter Term ONLY, with no opportunity for advancement or a renewed/
sustained contract with Oberlin College. As compensation, we are offering $5000 as an Honorarium, as well as
free housing for the duration of the term and roundtrip air-fare to Oberlin College.
Starting date January 4, 2006. Ending date January 31, 2006.*"

Contact:
Marianne Tassone,  Student Coordinator
C/O Prof. Sheila Miyoshi Jager
Oberlin College East Asian Studies Program
50 North Professor Street
Oberlin, OHIO 44074-1091