[KS] film/drama class suggestions

Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein felice at casco.net
Wed Oct 26 13:21:15 EDT 2005

Netflix has a lot of Korean movies, probably a good way to check a
number of them out without buying. Annoyingly they are in the "Other
Asian" sub-genre, rather than their own sub-genre (I wrote a complaint,
maybe if others did too they would add a sub-genre), so you usually have
to suss out whether they are Korean by cross referencing or looking at
the actor's names.

Since this will probably devolve into people's lists of movies, I might
add that I really enjoy Korean comedies and "dramedies":
"Just Do It"
"Hello Dharma"
"Jail Breakers"
"Take Care of my Cat"
"AFRIKA"
"Attack the Gas Station"

Don't overlook the fact that there are at least 5 TV shows on in the US
that feature Korean(-american,-canadian) actors right now: Lost,
Battlestar Galactica, Grey's Anatomy, Kitchen Confidential...

My non-academic 2c.
Nick

--
felice at casco.net is Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein. See our