[KS] South Korean Masculinities

vladimir.tikhonov at ikos.uio.no vladimir.tikhonov at ikos.uio.no
Thu Jan 5 02:59:22 EST 2006

I just have got a very fascinating book on the closely related subject,
"KUllObOl sidae Ui munhwa pOnyOk" by Prof. Kim HyOnmi (Yonsei) (Tto haha
Ui munhwa, 2005:
http://www.aladdin.co.kr/shop/wproduct.aspx?ISBN=8985635697) The book
gives a gendered panorame of the new, post IMF identities in the South
Korean society, explores the issue of the perception of labour-capital
relations in the time of the massive influx of foreign capital into South
Korea, and includes some fascinating chapters on foreign workers
(especially women) and their interaction with post-IMF Korea. The book is
in Korean, of course, but I wonder whether Prof. Kim has written something
in English on the same subject as well.

Vladimir Tikhonov (Pak Noja)