[KS] Chaim Potok in Korea

DeberniereTorrey djtorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 15:02:25 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

A colleague and I are working on a project related to
Chaim Potok's reception in Korea, especially in regard
to his book *I Am the Clay,* a story of an old Korean
refugee couple who adopt an orphaned child during the
Korean war (translated into Korean as *Hanjumui Hulk*
(A Handful of Earth). The story was inspired by his
experience in Korea as a military chaplain in the 50s.
We're trying to locate any scholars who might have
taught or discussed Potok in a Korean context. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Deberniere Torrey
PhD Candidate