[KS] 5th Anniversary of the Asia-Europe Perspective Association

Bernhard Seliger bjseliger at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 6 02:47:29 EST 2006

Dear colleagues,

please find below the invitation to the 5th Anniversary Conference of Asia-Europe Perspective Association in Seoul, an event supported by Hanns Seidel Foundation Korea.

All interested persons are welcome to this conference!

5th Anniversary of the Asia-Europe Perspective Association

The Asia-Europe Partnership in Global Governance - Retrospect and Prospects -
Time : 09:00-18:00 Nov. 10, 2006 (Friday)
Place : 19th fl. New World Hall, President Hotel, Seoul

Organizer: Asia-Europe Perspective Association

Support:
Australian Embassy
Embassy of Finland
Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung
Korea United Pharma Co.
Financial News

INVITATION

Autum is the best season in Korea and with great pleasure, we dim it fit to invite you to our conference - The 5th anniversary of the Asian-European Perspective Association in November 10th, 2006. The theme of the conference is "The Asian-Europe Partnership in Global Governance" - Retrospect and Prospects - Asian and Europe have been unprecedently linked to each other across the border in terms of political, security, economic, management and cultural fields. Our society will provide more significance and diverse activities to promote the relationship between the two continents - Asia and Europe and therefore we need to learn about each other in order to benefit and foster future developments from the common values and information. Domestic and International scholars and experts shall share diversified opinions and perspectives with congratulatory and keynote speeches respectively. Ambassador of Finland, His Excellency, Kim Luotonen and Ambassador of Australia, His
 Excellency Peter Rowe. These speeches shall be directed towards the cooperation of the future of Euro - Asia relationship. The society hereby appreciates all paper presenter, who has taken time and effort to write papers and also the discussants who participated actively in the conference and also the moderators. We also appreciate participating audience for this meaningful event. Papers presented in this conference will be of valuable asset to policy makers in both Europe and Asian Countries. The society also publishes the Journal of Eurasian Studies furthering more understanding between the two continents. We are working on the publishing of the Eurasia Studies Review which is fully published in English. The publications will offer benefit for mutual understanding and cooperation in many fields. The Society has launch and given Business leaders Award to those who have contributed to the business world of Korea. We have also planned to extend the award to diplomats,
 academics and journalists etc. who worked towards the development of both nations.
We sincerely appreciate organizations and institutions who has helped financially. And those who have put in efforts and as well encouraged morally in having a successful conference. We thank for coming and wish you a nice time with us.

President of the Asia-Europe Perspective Association Korea, P r o f . Kun-Hee Lee, Ph.

Theme : The Asia-Europe Partnership in Global Governance - Retrospects and Prospects -

09:00-09:30 Registration

0 9 : 3 0 - 1 0 : 1 0 Opening Ceremony Presider : Prof. Hae-Jin Hwang(Ewha Womans Univ.)
Opening Address President (Asia-Europe Perspective Association) Prof. Kun - Hee Lee (Ewha Womans Univ.)
President Suk - Jin Kang (CEO Consulting Group)
1 0 : 1 0 - 1 0 : 4 0 Congratulatory and Keynote Speech
President Kyo- Il Suh (Soon-Chun-Hyang Univ.)
H.E. Ambassador Kim Luotonen (Embassy of Finland) "Problems and Prospects of European Integration"
H.E. Ambassador Peter Rowe (Australian Embassy) "Perspective for relationship between Korea and Australia"
10:40-10:50 Coffee Break

10:50-12:30 Session I : Political and Legal Session

Place: New World Hall

Presider : Prof. Im-Soo Yoo (Ewha Womans Univ.)

Paper 1 Thcket Split Voting and Polictgal Arrangement
Prof. Wang- Sik Kim (Ewha Womans Univ.)

Paper 2 Role of Constitutional Court in Protecting right andLiberties:
A Key to Economic Development in Korea
Prof. Sean Hayes (Kookmin Univ.)

Paper 3 The Current Judicial Reform Effects in Taiwan
Prof. Tering- Yaw Lin (Tunghai Univ.)

D i s c u s s a n t s: Dr. Bernhard Seliger ( H an n s - S e i d e l - F o u n d a t i o n ),
Prof. Chinmay Ford (Yonsei Univ.)
Songhee Stella Kim (Washington Times Correspondent)

12:30-14:00 Luncheon hosted by President Suk-Young Kang (Korea United Pharma Co.)

14:00-18:00 Session II : Economic and Management Session
Place: Grill Hall
Presider : Prof. Yong - Yuel Park (Yonsei Univ.)

P a p e r 4 What Motivates Global Stock Exchange Consolidation?
Prof. Bliss Burdett Pak (Ewha Womans Univ.)

P a p e r 5 Lesson from Irland: Politics Inward FDI
Prof. Sang-Hyup Shin (Kyunghee Univ.)

P a p e r 6 Unemployment and Labor Markets in Korea
Prof. Dong -Heon Kim (Dongkuk Univ.)

P a p e r 7 Teaching Hisstory in the Two Koreas and National Identity un the Korean
P e n i n s s u l l e
Daton Ford ( I F A N S )

Discussants Dir. Jason Nieuwoudt ( K A B C ) Prof. Doo-Soon Ahn (Seoul city Univ.)
Prof. Harvey Schmidt (Duksung Univ.) Sabine Burghart ( F N S )

14:00-18:00 Session III : Industrial and Business Management
Place: New World Hall
Presider : Prof.Han-Soo Han (Kyunghee Univ.)

P a p e r 8 Toyota Motor and Samsung Electronics in the Beginning
Prof. Y a n a g i m a c h i, I S A O (Keio Univ.)

P a p e r 9 European Monetary Integration: Problems and Prospects
Nam - Koo Lee (Kunkook Univ.)

P a p e r 1 0 The National Development Strategies of Five Countries of Central Asia
and Our Response Proposal
Prof. Myung-Koo Kang (Anyang Univ.)

P a p e r 1 1 A Study on the Generral Advisor Choi, Hyun-sik’s Business Activities and
His Managerment Thoughts
Prof. Kwang-Sur Park (Soonchunhyang Univ.)
Seung-Hyun Choi (Soonchunhyang Univ.)

P a p e r 1 2 North Korea#s Nuclear Test and the UNSC Resolution
Sup- Il Joo (J o u r n a l i s t)

P a p e r 1 3 Jean Monet Ideal and European Intergration
Joon-Seung Jung (Media Consolidation)

Discussant Prof. Won-woo Lee (Soonchunhyang Univ.) Prof. Young-Ki Lee (Dongkook Univ.)
Prof. Jun-Sung Hwang (Sungsil Univ.)Prof. Jung-ho Pyo (Soonchunhyang Univ.)
Prof. Young-Jin Kim (Kookmin Univ.) Prof. Shin Kim (Kypunghee Univ.)

18:20-18:30 Closing Remarks

18:30-20:00 D i n n e r

Dr. Bernhard Seliger

Hanns Seidel Stiftung - Seoul Office

Room 501, Soo Young Bldg., 64-1, Hannam 1 Dong, Yongsan-gu

Seoul, Republic of Korea

Tel.+ 82 2 790 5344

Fax. + 82 2 790 5346