[KS] Romanization systems

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Apr 9 19:02:52 EDT 2007

.Bold { font-weight: bold; }
.Title { font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px; color: #cc3300; }
.Code { border: #8b4513 1px solid; padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 5px;color: #000066; font-family: 'Courier New' , Monospace;background-color: #ff9933; }

Let's try to keep the subject line and the topic in harmony, shall we?
I would like to make 2 comments:
1. Long experience shows me that an awful lot of really well educated people, including most Koreans, are quite unable to see any need for a regular system of Romanization and always automatically write whatever feels right to them -- Moon, Park, Wha, Hee etc; the battle for any generally followed regular system is a losing one.
2. In this age of digital text there is no excuse for not including in a western-language text the Hangeul  that is being romanized. If a printer / publisher screams that they can't do foreign fonts, they are only being lazy or out of date in their technology. No?
Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/