[KS] DPRK refugee translation project ideas?

Iain Sands iainsands at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:41:20 EDT 2007

Dear Michael:

Get hold of a copy of 'Welkeomtukoria - bukjoseon saramdeuleui namhansari'
('웰컴투코리아 - 북조선사람들의 남한살이') ed. JEONG Byeong-ho (정병호), Hanyang University
Press 2006. This is a veritable treasure trove of the latest writing on
North Koreans living in South Korea by Korean academics.

Also, try contacting the North Korean Human Rights Database Center
(북한인권정보센터) at nkdbi at hanmail.net - they are about to publish a report of the
latest information on North Korean human rights in North Korea, China, and
South Korea.

Good luck with the work. By the way, may I know more about your project? Is
there a particular institution that you are affiliated with?

Iain Sands
MA Program
School of Asian Studies
University of Auckland, New Zealand