[KS] FW: 17th New Zealand Asian Studies Society (NZASIA) International Conference, University of Otago, 22-25 November 2007 (1st call for papers)

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jun 25 23:24:00 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I've been asked to forward the below on behalf of my colleagues in New Zealand. For those who have wanted to visit NZ, the NZAsia conference offers a good opportunity, and Dunedin, where the University of Otago is located, is a lovely city. Of even more relevance to readers of this mailing list, there will also be a conference at the University of Auckland on Nov. 19 and 20th entitled "China and Korea: Competing Images and Contending Issues." This conference is funded in part by the Academy of Korean Studies, and is co-sponsored by the Korea Studies Centre of the University of Auckland's NZ Asia Institute and Victoria University of Wellington's Asian Studies Institute. I will forward more details as I have them, but in the meantime, if anybody has queries about the latter conference, please feel free to e-mail me at stephen.epstein at vuw.ac.nz.

Cheers, Stephen