[KS] President Roh and the press

Jukka Jouhki jukjouh at campus.jyu.fi
Tue Nov 6 18:32:05 EST 2007

To the members of Korean Studies mailing list.

I am a visiting researcher from Finland commissioned by the foundation
of Helsingin Sanomat newspaper and working under Seoul National
University to examine Korean media culture. At the moment I am writing
an article on President Roh's relations with the press. I am focusing on
the press room closure and how the two sides have discussed it in the
public.

I would appreciate very much every relevant view on the matter. If you
are somehow related to the matter e.g. working for the press, doing
research on relevant area of journalism or political science, involved
in Korean politics or know someone who is, I would be more than happy
interview you, read your opinion via email or receive suggestions on
whom to contact.

Your sincerely,

Jukka Jouhki
Post-doctoral researcher
Seoul National University &
University of Jyväskylä, Finland

Department of Communication, Seoul National University
San 56-1, Silim-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742, Republic of Korea
Tel. +82 2 880 6469, +82 10 9198 1512; email jukka at snu.ac.kr
Department of History and Ethnology
P.O.Box 35 (V), FIN-40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Tel. +358 14 260 1279, +358 50 575 0576; email jukjouh at campus.jyu.fi