[KS] FRANK_Call for papers Korea_Politics, Economy, Society

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Sun Nov 18 18:45:55 EST 2007

Dear list members,

please see the call for papers for the second edition of our annual book below; apologies for cross-postings.

Since this issue keeps popping up, we would, among others, be much interested in an article analysing the issue of romanization. Any other topic from economics, politics or society of North or South Korea qualifies, too, as long as it is related to recent developments.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Ruediger Frank

Call for Papers Korea Yearbook 2008 ? Politics, Economy, Society

The editors (Rüdiger Frank, James E. Hoare, Patrick Köllner, Susan Pares) of the Korea Yearbook ? Politics, Economy, Society, published since 2007 by Brill (Leiden and Boston) are calling for papers for the 2008 edition of the yearbook. The Korea Yearbook is a hybrid publication consisting, on the one hand, of concise overviews of domestic and external affairs of the two Koreas and, on the other hand, of in-depth studies of contemporary political, economic and social affairs in both North and South Korea. We are now calling for proposals for papers for the latter, refereed part of the yearbook. The editors are particularly interested in papers dealing with North Korea and inter-Korean affairs and papers analysing Korean affairs from a comparative perspective. Papers on other topics falling within the scope of the Korea Yearbook are also very welcome. We encourage both senior and junior scholars to send in proposals for papers. Interested scholars should send proposals of around 200 words to Patrick Köllner (koellner at giga-hamburg.de) by 15 December 2007. The editors will decide by the end of year which proposals for papers should be developed into manuscripts (10,000 words maximum) to be submitted by 31 March 2008. The editors guarantee a speedy review of manuscripts. The Korea Yearbook 2008 is due to be published in October 2008. For information on Korea Yearbook 2007 (including brief reviews) see www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=18&pid=29313.

--
Prof. Dr. Ruediger Frank
Professor of East Asian Economy and Society

phone: +43-1-4277 43871
fax:   +43-1-4277 43849
web:   www.koreanstudies.de/frank
email: ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at