[KS] Library of Congress Korean Controversy

dmccann at fas.harvard.edu dmccann at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 27 05:13:30 EDT 2008

Did anyone else happen to see the article in a newspaper recently about the
difference between a rock and an island?  It seemed to be sort of a technical
distinction, but with some significant ramifications.  As I remember, a rock is
not inhabitable, while an island is.  With an "island" go territorial claims, as
for example to fishing or other resources, but with a "rock," no such claims can
be made.

David McCann