[KS] Cosmetic Surgery in Korea

S. Kim shkim67 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:56:38 EDT 2008

Dear Professor Robinson,

Ms So Yeon Leem, a PhD candidate at Seoul National University's Program in History & Philosophy of Science, is currently working on that very issue.

She gave a presentation, "Light-Touched Bodies, It's Natural!: Medical Skin Care Technologies in Korea," at the Society for the History of Technology Annual Meeting in Washington last year. This year, she'll be giving another related talk, "Cyborg Women who Make Women Beautiful: Following Skin-Care Experts in Korea," at the 2008 Social Studies of Science Annual Meeting.

So Yeon should know other cultural studies/anthropology/history scholars working on that area as well.

I'll forward your e-mail to her.

Best regards,

Sang-Hyun Kim
Research Fellow, Program on Science, Technology & Society
John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University