[KS] New Website ? Fellowship Applications Reminder

서울대학교 국제한국학센터 icks at snu.ac.kr
Mon Jun 15 03:33:11 EDT 2009

Dear KS colleagues and students,

Since its restructuring in 2006, the Kyujanggak Institute of Korean Studies acts as the main center to coordinate activities related to Korean Studies within Seoul National University. In 2007, the International Center for Korean Studies was launched at Kyujanggak to facilitate international exchanges and projects. As you may have noticed from previous announcements, we have several different fellowship programs to help graduate students and scholars carry out research at Seoul National University; besides this, we also have a publications program (the Seoul-California Series in Korean Studies) and an academic journal (the Seoul Journal of Korean Studies).

To better inform you of all these activities, we recently launched a new website, which will be regularly updated with information on fellowships, colloquia, publications, etc. The URL is: http://plaza6.snu.ac.kr/~icks/

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of the deadline of two fellowship programs:

-          Junior fellowship: allows graduate students to spend about three months at Kyujanggak; this includes a 3 million KRW stipend plus institutional support. APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2009 (for fellowships starting in Sep. 2009)

-          Kyujanggak fellowships: allows recent graduates and junior fellowship to spend up to one year at Kyujanggak; benefits include monthly stipend, housing, office space, and airfare. APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2009 (for fellowships starting in January 2010)

For full details, please consult our website. If you cannot find what you are looking for (the website is still under construction!), please do not hesitate to contact our coordinator, Kim Chong Min, at icks at snu.ac.kr