[KS] Tiger Hunters Guild - 작호군 - Choseon dynasty

Sunjoo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Sat May 2 11:06:56 EDT 2009

Dear Mr. John Vaillant,

What you are looking for is Ch'akhogun 착호군(捉虎軍), not Chakhogun (maybe another confusion cuased by one of our most controversial issues on the table, romanization). If you google it in Korean, you will get many hits. Here is one short article on this special military unit (rather than a guild) established within the UihUngwi 의흥위 義興衛 (Righteousness Flourishing Guard) during the early ChosOn dynasty.

Sun Jooo Kim

 최형국, 호랑이 잡는 특수부대 착호군(捉虎軍)

인물과사상사, 인물과사상 2008년 1월호(통권 117호), 2008. 1, pp. 205 ~ 217 (13pages)