[KS] New Writing from Korea

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Sat Oct 17 01:28:23 EDT 2009

The KLTI (Korea Literature Translation Institute) has produced the second volume of its annual collection of English translations of recently published works of Korean fiction and poetry, "New Writing from Korea 2" and they have mailed copies to people on a large mailing list. I think that everyone on the list should have received their copy by now, so might I suggest that anyone who has not received one and would like to have a copy email the KLTI  using this address  mill at klti.or.kr  requesting them to send one.

This year's issue is easier on the eyes than last year's, and rather less bulky, but it includes short stories by: Ham Yujoo. Kwon Yeo-sun, Park Min Gyu. Kim Aeran and Gong Sun-ok as well as extracts from novels by Kim Jinkyoo and Kim Yeonsu, and a lot of poems by about 11 poets including Shin Yong-mok, Ham Min Bok and Kim Sa-In . . . a bargain for the price (it's free)! The translations are good, too! (I hope)

Please do not blame me for the spelling of the names, KLTI prints writers' names as the writers wish to have them spelled.

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/