[KS] Exclusively(?) Catholic terms in pre-20th c. Chinese and Korean texts

Kwang On Yoo lovehankook at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 07:50:27 EST 2010

Deberniere Janet Torrey

Further to my comment on January 15th, I would like to add that
the exclusivity of the term "Cheonju" ( 천주, 天主), to Catholicism,
did not last too long.
동학 established in 1860 borrowed the term and 侍天主(하느님을 내마음속에 모신다) became
the main ideology of 동학.
동학, later 천도교,  interchangeably used the term 상제
(上帝<http://hanja.naver.com/word?q=%E4%B8%8A%E5%B8%9D>)
with 천주.

Regards,

Kwang-On Yoo