[KS] The Korean War and The Three Cambridge Spies

Jim Hoare jim at jhoare10.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 16:40:39 EDT 2010

But Lin Biao was never in Korea - he refused the command and Peng Dehuai
went instead. Lin went to the Soviet Union for medical treatment in
September 1950.

As for the quote from Mr Newton, it does not sound as though Stalin was
relying on information from Mclean etc in coming to his decision.

I also wonder just how much military information, as distinct from
political material, would have reached either Maclean or Burgess - I
suspect that it would have been very broad brush stuff, not the detail that
is being implied here.

Jim Hoare

  _____