[KS] A book of Korean tea classics

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Jun 28 08:09:18 EDT 2010

I hesitate to burden this LIst but I think a few people who are interested in Korean tea might be happy to know that the following book has been published, making the fundamental Korean tea classics available in English, with the original Classical Chinese texts and notes, as well as a simple introduction and biographies. It is illustrated with photos and is a really beautifully designed book, I find:

Korean Tea Classics by Hanjae Yi Mok and the Venerable Cho-ui (Brother Anthony of Taiz?, Hong Keong-Hee, Steven D. Owyoung)  This book contains the Chinese text and English translations of the 3 fundamental texts of Korean Tea culture:  ChaBu, Rhapsody to Tea  by Hanjae Yi Mok; ChaSinJeon, A Chronicle of the Spirit of Tea, and DongChaSong, Hymn in Praise of Korean Tea by the Venerable Cho-ui. It can be purchased online from the publishers, Seoul Selection. http://www.seoulselection.com/

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/