[KS] SJEAS publication announcement (Vol. 10 No.1)

Jieun Han jieun_han at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 01:24:08 EDT 2010

Dear List Members,

We found the characters in our previous message are broken. Please let me post this announcement again.

Academy of East Asian Studies, Sungkyunkwan University, is pleased to announce the publication of the Sungkyun Journal of East Asian Studies (SJEAS)

Vol. 10  No.1. SJEAS, dedicated to East Asian Studies and published semi-annually in April and October,  deals with academic articles, research notes, and book reviews relating to East Asian topics. Submissions are accepted throughout the year. For further information, please visit our website at http://sjeas.skku.edu.

CONTENTS

SPECIAL ISSUES: Genealogies in Korea and China

On the Construction Process of the Surname/ Ancestral Seat Descent Groups in Korea as Seen through Genealogies

by MIYAJIMA Hiroshi

The Effects of Man's Remarriage and Adoption on Family Succession in the 17th to the 19th Century Rural Korea

: Based on the Andong Kwon Clan Genealogy

by SON Byunggiu

Institutions and Inequality: Comparing the Zongshi and the Jueluo in the Qing Imperial Lineage

by Linlan WANG, James LEE, and Cameron CAMPBELL

ARTICLES

Chang'an on My Mind: A Reading of Lu Zhaolin's "Chang'an, Thoughts on Antiquity"

by William NIENHAUSER

Violence and Therapy in Murakami Haruki's Kafka on the Shore

by Jonathan DIL

Amenomori Hoshu's Choson Language School in Tsushima

by Woobinn KIM

BOOK REVIEWS

Gregg A. BRAZINSKY

Nation Building in South Korea: Koreans, Americans and the Making of a Democracy

by David HUNDT

CHUNG Byungjo

History of Korean Buddhism

by Richard McBRIDE