[KS] Call for papers

Jasmine B jasmine49 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:13:26 EDT 2010

Call for Papers

I am writing on behalf of the *Harvard Asia Quarterly* (HAQ), an
interdisciplinary journal of contemporary Asian affairs affiliated with the
Harvard University Asia Center.  We are now inviting submissions for our
upcoming issue on maritime issues in Asia. The Fall 2010 issue of *HAQ*,
scheduled for publication in early December, will feature expert commentary
from Asia scholars about maritime conflict and disputes in East, South and
Central Asia. We are quite flexible with regard to the specific content and
length of the article (typically between 2,500 and 6,000 words) and would be
happy to provide additional details should you be interested in writing for
*HAQ*. The deadline for submission of the first draft will be 15 November
2010; we realize this is short notice, however we hope you will still
consider submitting an article.

The *Harvard Asia Quarterly* publishes articles, essays, and interviews from
a broad range of fields and disciplines examining issues of significance in
contemporary Asia. Previous editions have featured Jaime Florcruz (CNN
Beijing Bureau Chief), Jessica Stern of Harvard’s Kennedy School of
Government; Professors Alastair Iain Johnston, Elizabeth Perry, and William
Kirby of Harvard University; economist Jeffrey Sachs; Ambassador Kishore
Mahbubani of Singapore; Chinese dissident Wang Dan; and other prominent
scholars, professionals, and officials from across the globe. We would be
thrilled to add you to our list of distinguished contributors.

You can find past issues and submission guidelines on our website:
 www.asiaquarterly.com <http://www.asiaquarterly.com/>.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.  I look forward to hearing from
you in the near future.

Jasmine Barrett
Korea Editor, Harvard Asia Quarterly
jasmine.barrett at tufts.edu