[KS] A new book

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Fri May 20 04:32:15 EDT 2011

I would like to congratulate the Cornell East Asia Series on having just published their 150th volume. That is a lot of titles for a single series. As a translator from Korean, the decision by the EAS to include translations of Korean literature within their scope has been enormously significant. The 150th EAS volume is a bilingual selection of recent (21st-century) poems by the feminist surrealist poet Kim Seung-Hee, "Walking on a Washing-Line."  Full details are at http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/eastasia/publications/item.asp?id=1205  The translators are Brother Anthony of Taize and Lee Hyung-jin. The poems are fun, and very unlike people's stereotypes of Korean poetry by women. A volume of translations of earlier poems by Kim Seung-Hee titled "I want to Hijack an Airplane" (the translators were Kyung-nyun Kim Richards and Steffen F. Richards) was published by Homa & Sekey in 2004.

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/