[KS] Ch'angjak P'ansori

Jan Creutzenberg jan.creutzenberg at fu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 25 08:17:26 EST 2012

Dear Adina,

as you know, a list of Korean journal papers on 창작판소리 is
available on my blog (https://seoulstages.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/
korean-literature-on-created-pansori-창작판소리/), most of which
can be downloaded for free from the homepage of the respective
organisation—this works e.g. for all papers from the
aforementioned 판소리연구 (at www.pansori.or.kr). You can also
look up English-language abstracts at riss.kr if the authors provided
them.

Also, a recent paper by Heather Willoughby I just stumbled upon might
be especially interesting for you, as it deals with performances of
concrete pieces: "Melding Past and Present: Korean Identities in
Contemporary P’ansori Performances", 음악학 18호 (2010), pp.
187-220. The paper is based on a presentation held at the 3rd World
Congress of Korean Studies in 2006 which can be downloaded here:
http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/congress/upload/자유5-2Heather.pdf

The respective pieces can be found on the web: 류수곤's World Cup-
p'ansori at http://jcmp.com/home/bbs/board.php?
bo_table=vod4_gallery&wr_id=15; 박지영's Candy-song at http://
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLm_I47w1dE

Best, Jan