[KS] 創氏改名 (sōshi-kaimei) — LIST or LEXICON, people active in culture

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Sat Jul 7 14:27:22 EDT 2012

Hello All:

A brief postscript to the request (quoted below) I had about Japanese
names for Koreans in the cultural area at the end of the colonial
period. I looked further for such a list and the best I could find is
the 131 pages strong name index for the three-volume 2009 lexica of
pro-Japanese Korean (_친일인명사전_):
http://www.minjok.or.kr/kimson/home/minjok/ . That index lists almost
5000 people, and you can easily find it as PDF (Title: _친일인명사전 수
록대상자 명단_, pre-published in 2008). The adapted Japanese names of
roughly one third of people included here are listed, but unfortunately
it is almost completely useless when it comes to artists, as there are
very few entries.
If anyone knows of a better list, please let me know. Thank you.

To download above mentioned list, search Google for:
     download 친일인명사전 수록대상자 명단
and for me it comes up as the 2nd link:
     [PDF] 민족문제연구소
     cfs9.blog.daum.net/upload_control/download.blog?...3...
(The actual link is so amazingly long that it will be broken if I post
it here.)

Best,
Frank