[KS] Tokto

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Sat Oct 13 02:48:52 EDT 2012

Dera all,
in fact, the nation branding campaign bears strong resemblances of the developmental state strategy. One of my MA students (Ms. Alena Schmuck) has written a thesis on that; it was actually mentioned on this list in late September of this year. You find it here:
Alena Schmuck: ‘Nation Branding in South Korea: A Modern Continuation of the Developmental State?’ In the Korea Yearbook: Korea 2011 ? Politics, Economy and Society Published by Brill.
Best,
Rudiger Frank
(he is a friend of mine, but as there was some confusion in the past: please note that I am not Frank Hoffmann) ;-)