[KS] 17th century sources and scholarship

Mårten Söderblom Saarela msoderbl at princeton.edu
Fri Dec 20 22:34:20 EST 2013

Dear Koreanists,

I’m trying to get an idea of 17th-century Korean history and I have a few questions. What are the primary sources from this period? Is there a bibliography of relevant scholarship? Any state-of-the-field articles? I’m interested in material in all languages.

Although I’m trying to get a general idea of the extant sources from this period, I should perhaps also say that my interest specifically is on Manchuria and I’m coming to this topic from the point of view of Manchu/Qing history.

You can also email me off list. Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

--
Mårten Söderblom Saarela
PhD Candidate